Thursday, April 05, 2007

Songwriter's In The Round

Had a great night at Eighth & Rail in Opelika Tuesday. There is a monthly songwriter series hosted by Martha's Trouble, and I played this week with Chris Rosser and Jeff Talmadge. Chris, who lives in Asheville, has long been one of my favorite songwriters. It was a thrill to play with him, he's an exceptional piano player as well as guitar. He's also a wonderful producer who has worked with many of my good friends. Check out his music at www.chrisrosser.com
Jeff Talmadge lives in Atlanta now, and is an americana songwriter with a great lyrical mind. He writes in a very unique style, that will remind you of something you've never heard before, but remember clearly. If that doesn't make sense, check out his music at www.jefftalmadge.com and you'll know what I mean.
In addition to Chris and Jeff, bassist Don Porterfield also joined us on stage. Don lives in North Georgia and plays regularly with many of the best singer/songwriters, such as Pierce Pettis, Chuck Brodsky and Billy Jonas. He tours with Jeff quite often and has played with Chris before. He was nice enough to learn a few of my songs, and I loved his parts, it added a lot to the music. I'm hoping to get him on board again soon.

I hope you're enjoying the start of baseball season as much as I am, the Indians are off to a great start, heading towards the pennant already!

No comments: