Thursday, March 22, 2007

Midwest Tour Wrap-Up

I am back home in the beautiful sunny south, after 10 days in the Midwest. I enjoyed the trip quite a bit. I've written about the first leg of the tour... After the last Chicago gig I went to Keyeser, Wisconsin, just outside of Madison. The difference between downtown Chicago and downtown Keyeser was noticeable :) Here's a couple photos of downtown Keyeser, along with the baseball field, with a little leftover snow. If you know me, you know I'll take the sleepy small town over the big city anyday. I played at a charming little church coffeehouse, and had a great night. The crowd was wonderful, and to add to the night, they had mini-cheesecakes and Dove chocolate candy. At the end of the night, I packed up my stuff, and filled my pockets with what was left of the Dove!



The tour ended on Sunday night in St. Louis, which has always been one of my favorite cities, though it's been almost 10 years since my last gig there. I played at The Focal Point, which is the premier listening room in St. Louis. Many, many thanks go out to Stacy, host of Backroads on KDHX Radio for helping set up the show, and promoting it for me.
I saw lots of wide open spaces and farmland, here's a little shot from out the window on I-57 that pretty well captures the view from my Camry window for most of the trip.
The Midwest is quite a bit like the south, nice folks, welcoming small towns, and great food. It's just a little colder, and a lot harder to find sweet tea. Also, I guess the people talk different.

No comments: