Friday, February 02, 2007

Back to work!

Back to work! I've had a very relaxing start to 2007, we took a family vacation to Disney World. The kids had such a great time, it was one of my favorite times of my life seeing their faces when Mickey Mouse and friends showed up. Here's a few pictures from the trip.

I'm excited to get rolling with the 2007 touring season, starting next week. The year kicks off for me with a Midwest tour with my friend Greg Adkins. We'll be hitting Indiana, Ohio and Michigan next week. (come on, good weather!) As you know, I don't really own a jacket, so Michigan in February is not always the best idea, but we'll give it a shot.


Later in February I'll be spending a weekend at the Folk Alliance Conference in Memphis, where I'll be playing all kinds of showcases. Lara is coming with me to help me come across as a friendly guy. When people just meet me, they think "what's his problem". But, when they meet me and Lara, they remember "those Potts folks sure were friendly." In all seriuosness, I couldn't do this without all of her help and support, I'm a lucky guy!
March and April will be bringing more Midwest shows, and a Northeast-MidAtlantic tour.
I'm very excited about the next few months of shows, and I'm hoping to see all of you soon. I hope that 2007 is treating you well so far, and we'll talk soon, DP

No comments: