Sunday, February 04, 2007

MUSIC ON THE SQUARE 2/3/07

Last night, I played at a new venue in La Fayette, GA called Music On The Square. It is a music store with a cafe attached. It's a wonderful little acoustic venue tucked away in a small town in scenic Northwest Georgia.. Mark opened the store and cafe just last August, and already they are having weekly concerts on Saturday nights. About 20 folks came out on a freezing cold night, and were a very appreciative audience.
It was my first concert back after my 6 week vacation, so I was a little rusty, but overall the performance went well.
There was a video made of the show by a local company, and they are going to do some post production work, and in a few weeks, the DVD will be available for sale. I will let you know when that's ready.
Many thanks to Martha Ann Brooks who opened the show for me last night!

I am going to be back at Music on the Square later this year, I'll keep you posted.

Just finished watching the Super Bowl... I suppose I'm happy for Peyton Manning, and I'm definitely happy for Tony Dungy, who has always come across as a very nice guy. If you were wondering, Rex Grossman is a pretty bad quarterback. OK, maybe pretty bad is a mild term for it!

Talk to you later this week, when I'm out on the road with Greg Adkins for our Midwest tour,
DP

No comments: