Monday, February 12, 2007

Love the South! Tour Wrap-up.

After 5 straight days of temperatures under 20 degrees, it was wonderful to be back home in Alabama today. Greg and I finished our tour Sunday night in Indianapolis, and drove back to Knoxville at 3am. We really had a great time out on the road, the concerts were a lot of fun, after 10 years of performing as a solo act, having another musician on stage is a blast for me. Greg's music fits very well with mine, and by the end of the week we had quite a few songs worked out well. We ended all the shows on the tour with Pierce Pettis' 'I Will Be Here'. It was a huge hit. Greg is recording a new CD this spring, and it is going to be incredible, I can't wait to hear it. His songs 'Old Radio' and 'The End of You and Me' are instant classics.
I will definitely be planning more shows with Greg in the near future, so stay tuned for that. If you haven't already, go check out his website at www.gregadkinsmusic.com.

Saturday night, we played in Goshen, IN, always one of my favorite tour stops. We had dinner at the South Side Diner, and played at the Electric Brew. Many thanks to all of you who came out to the show. (Jason, no White Sox hat next time, OK?) I feel so at home in Goshen, I look forward to coming back there this fall.
At our Friday night show in Flint, MI, a long time fan who I met in Georgia years ago, showed up with some sweet tea. It really helped ease the pain of the 10 degree weather. Thanks Shelley!

The first couple days of the tour, Greg and I were both trying to eat at least mildly healthy. We looked like a couple of sissies stopping at Applebees and both getting salads. Luckily, we changed that in a hurry... Saturday in Lansing, MI we found a Bennigan's (Greg had never been to Bennigans). He had the Monte Cristo, which if you don't know, is a deep fried ham & cheese sandwich. I was proud of him for taking on those calories. Sunday, we played at a church in Indianapolis, and went to a great barbecue restaurant. I think it was called Parky's Barbecue in Lebanon, IN. I had some pretty impressive ribs. It was no Byron's Smokehouse, but still, it was very good for being that far north. Sunday night, we left out concert with a plate full of cookies, 2 slices of pecan pie, 2 boxes of chocolate covered cherries, and a bag of Valentine's message hearts. I guess it's no wonder we were able to stay up till 3am.

I still need to figure out something to do for Valentine's Day. Many of you have probably heard me rant about how ridiculous Valentine's Day is, as it is not in any way a real holiday. It is simply absurd! That being said, I do love my wife, so I will get her something. But it won't be roses and chocolate (that I could buy for half the price any other week of the year).
She's a pretty good sport about my anti-Valentine's feelings, mostly because I am such an incredibly romantic guy the other 364 days of the year.

If you are enjoying reading this blog, and having it updated much more frequently than the old journal, please let me know, and I'll keep it going. I'm going to try and take more pictures on my tours and get those posted, so this should become probably the most visited website in the history of the world. Or at least in the history of Dave Potts blogs. Whichever comes first.

No comments: