Friday, March 09, 2007

Chris Knight - Trailer Tapes

Many of you probably know I'm a big fan of Chris Knight. He's an alt-country, sort of hard-edged songwriter from Kentucky... If you heard his music, and heard mine, you wouldn't figure he'd be one of my favorites, we're pretty different, but I think the man's a genius..
Anyhow, he just released a CD called 'Trailer Tapes'. It rough demos he made back in 1996,just him and his guitar in his barn in Kentucky. It was before he was signed to a label. It has a couple songs that made it on his first CD, but most the songs are unreleased. Some of those unreleased tunes are just awesome, everything he writes is so real. No pretty, not usually happy, but very, very real.
If I could write a song like him, I don't know if I would, but I know that I wish I could.
'Rita's Only Fault' is the highlight of the CD for me, check it out if you get a chance, www.chrisknight.net. I can't promise you'll like it, but I can promise that it's very, very good.

No comments: