Sunday, March 18, 2007

Kip Kip Hooray!

I had the great pleasure of playing 2 gigs this tour with my friend Kip Rainey. He is the mandolin player from my 'County Line Road' CD. He lived down in Auburn for a couple years, and we played a handful of shows together back in 1999-2000. He moved up to Chicago, where he plays in the band Tangleweed. He learned mandolin parts for many of my new songs, and we had a great time playing the Arts Alive Concert Series last weekend, and Fridays at the Ford this past weekend, both in the Chicago metro area.
After so many years as a solo artist, it is always a thrill to have someone join me on stage, and even more of a thrill when it's a great musician like Kip, who also happens to be one of the nicest people I know.
We will definitely be trying to play some more shows together when I'm back up in the midwest, so keep an eye out for that. Thanks Kip!

No comments: