Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Midwest Regional (Pizza) Final

In the spirit of the NCAA tournament, I decided to have a little tournament of my own while out in the midwest this week. I wanted to find the best pizza, and after narrowing down the possibilities, the regional final came down to Quatro's in Carbondale, IL vs. Giordano's in Chicago. I mentioned Quatro's in the last post, they have some great deep dish pizza. Giordanos is a Chicago classic with the unique stuffed pizza. It was a great classic matchup, and the fact that is was a single elimination tournament played into the outcome... Had it been a best 4 out of 7 series, I think Quatro's may have been able to pull it out, as it is an easier pizza to eat several days in a row. Giordano's is so heavy and hearty, it's not really an every day kind of meal, but when it comes right down to it, Giordano's is the best pizza in the Midwest. Congratulations !

No comments: